Wednesday 11th August 2021
The Premier of Victoria, The Hon Daniel Andrews MP, has announced an extension to the lockdown which will now end at 11.59pm Thursday 19th August.
The current lockdown conditions apply to Metro Melbourne. That means you can only leave home to get the food and the supplies you need, for exercise for up to two hours and no more than 5kms from your home, for care or caregiving, work or education if you can’t do it from home or to get vaccinated at the nearest possible location. Masks must be worn when leaving your residence. More information can be found in the press release
Learning will continue to be undertaken remotely for most students. Some students will be allowed on campus as part of the essential adult learning announced by the Victorian Government and your teacher will advise if this applies to you.
If you do return to campus, you must check the Victorian Government website for the rapidly changing exposure sites detailed here.
- If you have attended a Tier 1 site at dates and times listed, you must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days even if you receive a negative result.
- If you have attended a Tier 2 location at dates and times listed, you must get tested and isolate until you receive confirmation of a negative result.
- If you have attended at Tier 3 location at dates and times listed, please get tested if you display any symptoms
Border permit change
The government has also announced that from 6pm, Friday 13 August, you will now need to obtain a permit to cross between Victoria and NSW.
The reasons Cross Border Community Area residents can cross the Victorian-NSW border still include:
- Necessary goods and services, including medical care
- Care or other compassionate reasons
- Work (whether paid or voluntary, including for charitable or religious purposes)
- Education (including childcare or early childhood services)
- Receiving a COVID-19 vaccination; and
- Organised/community sport and exercise connected to or organised by a club or facility.
Staff and students who need to cross into Victoria will be able to apply for a permit from Thursday afternoon via the Service Victoria website, service.vic.gov.au
and via the Service Victoria app
If any of the above applies to you, please advise your teacher as soon as possible.
We appreciate that people will be impacted in different ways, so please reach out if you need support.
Phone: 03 9279 2511
Text Message: 0468 573 411 (Student Support Kangan)
WhatsApp: 0468 573 411 (Student Support Kangan)
The COVID-19 pandemic an ever changing situation and we are following all Government requirements in order to help slow the spread of this virus. Please remember to take all necessary precautions to stay healthy and safe.