Hume Multiversity Tertiary Scholarship Program
Since March 2020, COVID-19 has had an enormous impact on the lives of Hume City residents and businesses. As a part of the COVID-19 response package, Hume has allocated funding to develop a Hume resident scholarship program to support residents to undertake a course with one of the Multiversity tertiary partners.
Kangan Institute will provide assistance to a minimum of 10 Hume residents who will undertake a tertiary qualification. The scholarship is open to both new and existing students.
Applications close 30 June 2022.
Eligibility/ Selection Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- A Hume Resident.
- Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, NZ citizen, holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa or holder of a Temporary Protection Visa.
- Hold a certificate level III or below, or no tertiary qualification, or are upskilling into a higher level qualification, e.g. Certificate IV to diploma.
- Be accepted into a course of study with Kangan Institute. Part-Time study of at least 0.5 study load will be eligible.
- A newly commencing student. Existing students will only be eligible if they are upskilling from a lower level qualification to a higher level qualification.
$2,500 per scholarship
How to apply
- Applicants must be newly commencing students. Existing students will only be eligible if they are articulating from a lower level qualification to a higher level qualification.
- Applicants must undertake a consultation with Kangan Institute’s Skills and Jobs Centre, prior to enrolment to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolling in eligible courses.
Terms and Conditions apply
- Recipients must currently reside in the Hume Local Government Area. Covering the following post-codes: