Hume Multiversity Tertiary Scholarship Program
Since March 2020, COVID-19 has had an enormous impact on the lives of Hume City residents and businesses. As a part of the COVID-19 response package, Hume has allocated funding to develop a Hume resident scholarship program to support residents to undertake a course with one of the Multiversity tertiary partners.
The Hume Multiversity Tertiary Scholarships Program – Kangan Institute will provide assistance to a minimum of twenty Hume residents who will undertake a tertiary qualification with Kangan Institute.
Applications close 31 December 2021.
Students must be enrolling in qualifications that have solid prospects for employment within the city of Hume. These industries include Building and Construction, Advanced Manufacturing, Food and Fibre, Health and Community Care, Education, Cyber Security, Transport and Logistics, Visitor Economy, and Sustainability and Environment.
Eligibility/ Selection Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- A Hume Resident.
- Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, NZ citizen, holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa or holder of a Temporary Protection Visa.
- Hold a certificate level III or below, or no tertiary qualification, or are articulating into a higher level qualification, e.g. Certificate IV to diploma.
- Be accepted into a course of study with Kangan Institute. Part-Time study of at least 0.5 study load will be eligible.
- A newly commencing student. Existing students will only be eligible if they are articulating from a lower level qualification to a higher level qualification.
$2,500 per scholarship
How to apply
- Applicants must be newly commencing students. Existing students will only be eligible if they are articulating from a lower level qualification to a higher level qualification.
- Applicants must undertake a consultation with Kangan Institute’s Skills and Jobs Centre, prior to enrolment to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolling in eligible courses.
Terms and Conditions apply
- Recipients must currently reside in the Hume Local Government Area. Covering the following post-codes: